You are hiring Riverjuke LTD's tour support services.
the supplier; Riverjuke LTD
the client; the hirer
TM – tour manager
Payment terms and cancellation policy
1 Unless agreed otherwise, invoices are to be paid in full within 15 days of receipt.
2 If a deposit is agreed, the client enters into a contractual agreement with the supplier, accepting to pay the invoice amount as shown in full for the services provided, as well as any additional charges incurred within our terms.
3 You must advance any other payments such as chargeable expenses unless agreed otherwise with the supplier.
4 If payments remain outstanding, we reserve the right to pass this debt to third party agencies and/or commence legal proceedings. You will be charged for any costs incurred during this process and accept these charges if work, as stipulated on the invoice, takes place.
5 All payments are non-refundable except with the written agreement of the supplier.
6 In the event of cancellation, the supplier will do their utmost to replace the booking, and where possible refund the client as a result. Due to the nature of the work, this will not be guaranteed.
7 Any additional days of hire will be agreed and invoice amended accordingly.
8 If you are hiring a vehicle, additional charges may be incurred at the discretion of the supplier or TM for the below. Before each hire, the vehicle will be ‘signed out' highlighting any interior damages already present in the vehicle;
1) Additional cleaning charges: all vehicles are non-smoking and must be returned to the supplier in the same condition as delivered to the client. The client agrees to a charge of £50.00+VAT for excessive cleaning hours of any vehicle due to smoke and/or rubbish/mistreatment.
2) The client is responsible to treat with care all interior fixtures including but not limited to all seating and fabrication, tables, electrical leisure/audio equipment, lighting and flooring. The client agrees to full payment of repair for any damages through neglect/improper use of the above + 20%+VAT of part cost.
3) EU travelling charges: £10.00+VAT per day with a minimum charge of £56.00+VAT per day (to cover additional insurances and break down cover). This will most often be stipulated in the first invoice correspondence but may need to be added (for example if additional days are added to a schedule, etc)
4) All and any fines for tolls, emission sticker fines, parking fines and otherwise, will be charged back to the client. The client agrees to pay for all fines in full + and administration cost, at the supplier’s discretion, of £15.00+VAT per offence.
9 The client accepts to pay all international banking charges, on both sides, when paying from a bank account outside of the UK. Any charges incurred by the supplier will be billed back to the client in full.
10 The supplier will ensure, to the best of their knowledge, that suitable crew are provided to each booking. Both crew and client have access to the supplier's office team throughout the hire period.
11 All vehicles and equipment supplied are regularly maintained, serviced and in working condition to the best of the supplier’s knowledge at the beginning of each hire.
12 The supplier is not responsible for any damage to third party equipment by either provided crew or touring party, and are as such not liable for paying any cost associated with this, or as a consequence of this.
13 The supplier does not accept any form of responsibility or liability for show/tour financial loss due to travel incidents including breakdowns, weather conditions, travel bans, crew illness or road collision.
14 The supplier will ensure their vehicles will have adequate breakdown cover in both UK and EU, but cannot guarantee same day repairs and as such cannot be liable for any show/tour loss as a result of vehicle malfunctions.
15 The supplier accepts no form of responsibility or liability for vehicle malfunctions and any associated costs of replacement vehicles/methods of transport nor responsibility or liability for any costs as a result of a change of schedule (including any hotels, trains, crew fees, etc). Should hire dates be unfulfilled the supplier will at their discretion offer a refund for the said period on the hire of the vehicle.
16 The supplier accepts no responsibility or liability for any damage, loss or theft of any equipment at any stage of hire, including from any crew arranged by the supplier. We encourage all clients to take out relevant public liability insurance, employers liability insurance where relevant, and personal travel insurance for all touring crew.
17 The supplier accepts no responsibility or liability for any fines as a result of vehicle surpassing the weight limit (3.5 tonnes total). Any fines and any resulting costs will be paid by the client.
18 The supplier accepts no liability for changes in logistics and their costs, cancellations, or other unforeseen circumstances that are either wholly or partly out of the supplier's control. The client agrees to pay any costs associated with such changes or cancellations.
19 Sites, where equipment is to be left overnight, must be fully secured and it is your responsibility to provide adequate security to guard this overnight. Failure to do so will render you liable for the cost of any loss or damage to equipment owned or supplied or subcontracted to you by the supplier.
20 The client is responsible for all costs during the hire period unless agreed in advance. This will include all fuel, tolls, parking costs, international crossings, emission stickers, carnets, accommodation, flights, catering and crew per diems.
21 The client is responsible to ensure any hired vehicle by the supplier or any subcontractors does not exceed its legal travelling weight. The supplier and any supplied crew or subcontracted supplier has the right to deny movement if a vehicle appears to be over the legal weight. This is 3.5 tonnes; the supplier should be made aware if the hirer is concerned with the total weight in advance of hire to help advise. If the vehicle is deemed overweight by the supplier or any subcontractors and unable to continue movement, there will be no refunds on any hire dates on both supplied vehicle, crew and/or equipment in question.
22 As a result, the client is responsible for any and all costs associated with being overweight, including any fines and subsequent change in travel arrangements.
23 The client accepts all responsibility for any interior damage to the vehicle as per 8.2
24 The client ensures all vehicles supplied or hired by the supplier, or any subcontractors arranged by the supplier, will be parking safely throughout hire. This will include all venue parking, hotel parking and day parking. As a result, any fines for parking tickets and towing charges as a result of unsuitable parking will be charged back to the client in full plus an administration cost of £15.00+VAT per offence. Street parking is deemed unsuitable overnight, especially when travelling in the EU - the supplier accepts no responsibility for any charges or costs as a result whether crew or subcontractors (i.e. drivers) are supplied and park the vehicle on the client’s behalf. It is the client’s responsibility to arrange or pay for suitable secure parking.
25 The client is responsible to inform all touring crew and passengers that there will be no smoking or illegal possession/use of drugs on board complying with UK law regulations in any vehicle supplied by the supplier or any subcontractors.
26 The client will ensure any members of touring crew, be it supplied by the supplier or any subcontractor, will not exceed legal driving hours in any one day. All drivers will be expected to have adequate rest in between shifts including breaks while driving to ensure safety to all on board.
27 The client agrees to night time charges of £20.00+VAT per hour between the hours of 3.00AM-7.00AM, at the discretion of the supplier, TM or any subcontractors of either. Due to the nature of the service, any night time travel times should be agreed with the supplier in advance.
28 Where we feel it would be unsafe or wholly impractical to continue with an agreed service, the supplier, TM or subcontractor reserves the right to cease providing that service. We are not liable for any costs associated with this where this is wholly or partly out of our control.
29 By either accepting this document via email/text/phone, payment of deposit, any social media platform, or if the supplier/TM/any subcontractors have begun travelling to the event, you are bound by the terms in this document and will be liable for the full hire amount as shown on invoice, whether the event/project goes ahead or not.
30 We do not insure staff that are not hired by us or otherwise deemed by us to be under our control. Insuring third-party staff in such circumstances will be the responsibility of whoever has direct responsibility for them. We do not authorise or insure “local” staff to use or operate equipment provided by us and we are not responsible for any damage, injury or other circumstances that arise from them operating equipment without our permission.
31 Any further indemnity required may be charged to you unless we agree otherwise in writing.
32 If any term of this Agreement is deemed to be void or unenforceable whether in whole or in part, the validity and enforceability of the remainder of this agreement including any part of such term which is not held to be invalid shall not be prejudiced or affected and shall continue to apply.
33 Any additions or alterations of the terms and conditions of this agreement shall be null and void unless agreed upon in writing by the parties.
Additional T+C for self-drive (dry) hire of a vehicle
The below outlines additional terms and conditions for self-drive (dry) hire of any vehicle from the supplier or supplier arranged to hire vehicles from any subcontractors.
34 The client shall pay the rental invoice for the period of hire and return the vehicle to the agreed location at the end of the period. If the vehicle is returned late a day’s rental will be paid by the hirer for every 24 hours or part thereof that the vehicle is late at the discretion of the supplier or their subcontractors
35 A non-refundable deposit agreed with the hirer of the total hire rental will be required, payable on booking. A damage deposit of £500.00 will be retained to cover insurance excess, which will be refundable on completion of hire, less any amounts deductible, but not limited to, vehicle exterior and interior damage.
36 Any and all hire vehicles are regularly serviced and maintained but the lessor will not accept any liability for any losses suffered by the hirer as a result of breakdown or any mechanical fault, as outlined above, including as a result of not being able to honour any contractual obligations, during the hire period other than by agreement between the lessor and hirer.
37 The supplier and the client will together check the condition and contents of the vehicle at the start of the hire period and the vehicle will be returned, together with all its equipment, contents and documents to the location agreed between the supplier and the client on the date agreed, in the same condition as at the beginning of the hire period.
38 The client must be the holder of a full driving licence permitting them to drive the vehicle hired in any country which it is intended to enter during the period of hire. Within the UK a license including Category B would be sufficient.
39 The client will pay for any contents or documents that are not returned with the vehicle and for any damage or loss suffered to the vehicle or its contents, as outlined above, whether caused by the fault of the hirer or not, during the period of the hire which the supplier cannot recover from its insurers.
40 The client will return the vehicle with the same fuel level as when first collected.
41 The supplier will check the level of oil and water at or prior to the start of the hire period and any loss or damage caused by lack of oil and/or water during the hire period will be the responsibility of the client, including any losses suffered by the client as a result of being unable to meet any of his contractual obligations.
42 If the engine of the vehicle is damaged or destroyed whilst in the possession of the client and said damage is a direct result of negligence on behalf of the client (which will be established by an independent source), the client will be responsible for the full cost of repairing the damage or of replacing the engine.
43 Any windscreen, window, tyre or wheel damage is the responsibility of the client and will be deducted from the excess (see clause 35).
44 The vehicle will not be used:
1) To carry goods in contravention of customs regulations or for any other illegal purpose. In the event of the vehicle being impounded or otherwise taken out of the possession or control of the client or supplier as a result of a breach of this condition the hirer shall continue to pay the rental until such time as the vehicle is returned to the supplier’s possession together with the cost of repair of any damage caused as a result of the breach which is not covered by the suppliers insurance policy.
2) To carry passengers or property for consideration, express or implied
3) To propel or tow any vehicle or trailer without the consent of the supplier
4) In motorsports, including racing, pace-making, rallying, reliability trials and speed testing
5) For purposes of tuition
6) By any person driving when unfit through drink or drugs or with blood alcohol concentration above the limit prescribed by the Road Traffic Acts
7) By any person other than:
i) The client or any person(s) nominated or employed by the hirer who is approved by the supplier, is at least 25 years of age or older or who has been pre-approved by the supplier’s insurer if under 25, is duly qualified and holds and has held a current valid full driving licence for at least one year; or
ii) In the case of breakdown or accident, a motor vehicle repairer provided that he is duly qualified and licensed.
iii) To carry a number of persons and/or equipment which would cause the vehicle to be overloaded or which exceeds any individual axle plated weights which may be applicable or so as to render the vehicle unsafe or illegal. The current overall gross permissible weight is 3.5 tonnes or 3,500 kgs.
iv) To tow a trailer such that the combined train weight exceeds 3.5 tonnes or 3,500 kgs where the vehicle is used by the hirer for ‘Hire and Reward’ therefore requiring the use of Tachograph equipment which is not fitted to the vehicle
v) Outside the UK without the permission of the supplier.
45 The client is personally liable to pay the supplier on demand:
1) if a vehicle is left elsewhere than at the agreed return location without the supplier’s consent, at supplier’s cost for collecting the vehicle
2) All fines and court costs for parking, traffic, congestion charge or other offences, whether motor or other (plus an administration charge of £15.00+VAT per offence), incurred during the hire period unless as a result of the act or omission of the supplier.
3) The supplier’s costs including reasonable legal fees where permitted by law, incurred collecting payments due from hirer hereunder and
4) Supplier’s costs to repair collision or upset damages to the vehicle provided. However, if the vehicle is operated in accordance with all the terms hereof, the client’s liability for such damage shall not exceed the excess stated on the hire agreement, with the exception of damage caused to vehicles with a height in excess of six feet due to striking overhead or low structures which shall at all times remain the liability of the client.
5) Value Added Tax and all other taxes (if any) payable on the aforesaid items.
6) The client agrees that they are liable to pay the excess of £500.00 in the event that the supplier’s vehicle and/or third party vehicle(s) and/or the lessor’s property and/or third party property is damaged. The hirer agrees that liability is to be decided at the sole discretion of the supplier’s insurer.
7) The client and any authorized user, as described above, participate as an insured under an automobile insurance policy, a copy of which is available for inspection by the client at the headquarters office of the supplier. If the client so elects he will comply with the terms and conditions of the said policy and, in particular, but without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing will, in the event of an accident in which he or the vehicle is involved will:
i) Obtain names and addresses of all parties involved
ii) Not admit liability or guilt or give money to any persons involved
iii) Not abandon the vehicle without adequate provision for safeguarding and securing same
iv) Call the supplier by telephone even in case of slight damage; further completing supplier's accident report, including diagram as required on the return of the vehicle and;
v) Notify the police immediately if another party’s guilt or liability has to be ascertained, or if any person is injured.
vi) Do nothing to render the policy invalid or voidable
46 The client hereby releases and indemnifies supplier from and against any liability for loss or for damage to any property (including costs relating thereto) left, stored or transported by the client or any other person in or upon the vehicle before or after the return of the vehicle to the supplier.
47 The supplier whilst taking all precautions and using its best efforts to prevent such happening shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising from any fault or defect in or from mechanical failure of the vehicle of any consequential loss or damage including the loss by the client of any performance or other fee suffered as a result of a failure to honour any contractual obligations as a result of such defect in or mechanical failure.
48 The client shall always lock the vehicle when not in use.
49 If the vehicle is to be driven outside of the UK it is the client’s responsibility to ensure that the tyres adhere to the legislation of the countries in which the vehicle will be driven.
50 Any addition or alteration to these terms and conditions shall be null and void unless agreed upon in writing by the parties. The client agrees that any data may be stored, processed and transmitted electronically by Lessor. That this agreement be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England.
51 Reference to “the client” in this agreement shall include any other person authorized by the supplier to drive the vehicle during the period of hire, other than an agent of the lessor.